So many of my thoughts and Ideas have changed and evolved as time goes on. From fantasy to Sci-Fi, I see in my minds eye what happens and how it happens. How I want it to happen, doesn't always get written the way I like it. I may be over critical of myself, but I think I know what George Lucas really felt when he wanted to go back and rework his creations, as he wasn't completely satisfied on how the were finished. I write and rewrite scenarios and chapters, feeling that something just wasn't done right.
My story with Ulrik is still ongoing. His story is about how a man of valor and justice, was put through many horrible situations and given choices to make for things that were not in his control, and how it changed him. Can someone who's a dark villain be sympathized with, if how he came to be was understood? Would he still be feared or would he be pitied? I've had new inspiration for a story that focuses, on other characters of my world, but Ulrik is still involved, and is one of the primary motivators in the plot.
I currently have no name for the story, but it will come eventually. My first chapter is done for the most part. I just need to go over and recheck it before publishing. I'll post it up soon. If anyone does actually read this, I would like to hear thoughts, but blatant "This sucks, you suck, your writing is horrible, etc" will just be ignored. Explanations on why you don't like what, would be preferred to the prior. I know I have weak spots, and I am working on improving them.
My prior work down below are just starters to other stories. Read them if you like, and comment if you want to. Thanks for stopping by!
1 comment:
i understand your struggle of perfection. and our american/english vocabulary can be lacking. in order to describe what is exactly in your head can be a daunting task. but you are doing a wonderful job painting a picture (even if it's not the one you intend.) and i already sympathize with the character. oh! and i love the idea of understanding, and especially empathizing, with the 'bad' guy. a perspective not touched on nearly enough. if you ask me...lol, and no one does. ;] thank you so much for sharing. i'm intrigued!
Post a Comment